My latest podcast interview is with fellow entrepreneur and adventurer Danny Flood, creator of OpenWorld Magazine. Billed as “the ultimate lifestyle design resource for freedom fighters, adventure seekers, and courageous souls who never stop following their dreams,” OpenWorld Magazine has been at the forefront of the lifestyle design/digital nomad movement for the past few years.
Danny and I speak on a variety of topics during the hour-long interview, including my early days as a solo web designer, “growing up” in Japan, my charity drive from London to South Africa, hanging out with Sir Richard Branson in Morocco, getting attacked by bandits in the mountains of Ethiopia, and my recent transition from full-time nomad to a more business- and goals-centered approach at life.
In this interview we discuss:
- my first business venture as a solopreneur web designer and lessons learned
- “growing up” in Japan after high school and how it changed me
- driving from London to Mongolia, and then again from London to South Africa for charity
- how to go about starting your own business and the steps needed to make it successful
- the boutique adventures that I lead around the world
- future plans, for both my personal life and business goals
You can listen to the entire episode (or download) on the OpenWorld Magazine website. Enjoy!